Name : Mr. Sushil Kumar Basnet
Date of Birth : 2028-02-20
Permanent address : Tulsipur-11 Motipur village, Dang District, Rapti Zone, Nepal
Nationality : Nepali
Marital status : Married
Gender : Male
Phone : +977-9847820614
: +977-82-521401 (Res.),
Fax : +977-82521508
Email : email@example.com
|Academic degree||Passed Year||Institutions|
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)||2000||Tribhuwan University, Nepal|
|Intermediate of Commerce (I.Com.)||1992||Tribhuwan University, Nepal|
|School Leaving Certificate (SLC)||1989||Nepal SLC board|
Summary of Key Expertise (Core competency and areas of work)
- Over 14years of working expertise in different position at different media house in the area of news collection, news editing, leading interaction program on radio, and radio program production.
- Expertise in handle interaction program with intellectuals, scholars, politicians, social leaders, indigenous leaders.
- Research on issues and cases on development and human rights in remote areas and brought those issues at the community level through radio program.
- Organized and facilitated Constitutional Dialogue (Sambaidhani Bahas) program in VDC, constituency and district level in Nepal.
- Worked at Merest Nepal since 5 years and coordinated Merest Nepal team at village level for the interaction program at village level.
- Organized dialogue on Peace and Reconciliation through radio and TV.
- Presently working as a Reporter in Sagarmatha TV since 6 years.
- Working as a lead interlocutor in regional dialogue program since 5 years. During the intervention period, worked to solve different local conflict issues like the conflict Tikapur incident .
- Banke National Park buffer zone area and local people, issues related conflict between cement factory and local resident, involved in different peace talk program and conducted more than 50 peace talk programs especially related to the local issues.
- Conducted more than 20 trainings related to human rights and conflict in Mid-West and Far-West Development Region.
- Initiated public hearing in VDC level in coordination with Sajhedari Bikas Program.
- Initiate public hearing in District level in coordination with District Development Committee, Dang.
|1||TOT on Conflict Management||The Asia Foundation||5 days|
|2||TOT on Facilitation and Mediation||GIZ||10 days|
|3||TOT on Facilitation and Mediation Skill Development||Regional Dialogue Secretariat, Dang||3 days|
|4||Facilitation and Mediation Skill Development Refresher||Regional Dialogue Secretariat, Dang||2 days|
|5||Facilitation and Mediation Training||The Asia Foundation||2 days|
|6||Facilitation and Mediation||The Asia Foundation||10 days|
|7||Peace building Advance Training||The Asia Foundation||5 days|
|8||Training on Circle Process and Restorative Justice||The Asia Foundation||1 day|
|9||Radio program production, news writing and presentation||Rapti Sewa Center Dang||1 month|
|10||Radio journalism and radio production ACORAB||ACORAB, Kathmandu||12days|
|11||Financial management||BBC World Service||4 days|
|12||Radio journalism||Radio Nepal||4 days|
|13||Election reporting||The International Institute of Journalism Berlin Brandenburg (IIJB)||4 days|
|14||Election reporting||Mirest Nepal||2 days|
|15||Professional report writing||NGO Federation, Dang||4 days|
|16||Creative workshop on Radio Program Production||Nepal federation of Journalist||5 days|
|17||Climate change and conservation||TAAL, Dhangadhi||3 days|
|18||Human Rights TOT||HURPES, Kathmandu||2 days|
Prizes and Awards
- Ambassador for Peace given by Universal Peace Federation.
- Letter of Appreciation and Honor provided by Kamal Multiple Co-operative Ltd. Dang in recognition of the good service provided in the society.
- Letter of Appreciation by Human Right Price Society Center Office, Kathmandu for the service in the field of Human Rights.
- Letter of Appreciation and Honour provided by Samudaik Adhyan Kendra, Dang for rendering service in the field of Environment Protection
- Letter of Honor provided by Halwar VDC, Dang for enhancing and contribution in promotion of Good Governance.
- Letter of Honor provided by Tulsipur Municipality, Tulsipur, Dang for enhancing and contribution in promotion of Good Governance.
- Letter of Appreciation given by Lions Club Dang for raising social awareness in Dang district.
- Letter of Honor given by Pariyabaran Digo Bikash center Bijauri Dang for service rendered in the field of environment protection.
- Letter of Appreciation given by Federation of Community User Group, Dang for raising awareness in the field of forest protection and climate change.
- Letter of Honor given by Federation of Journalist Dang for his generous contribution in the field of journalism and media in Dang district.
- Letter of Appreciation given by DWASH for contribution in District Open Defecation Free campaign in Dang District.
- Letter of Appreciation given by Reporters Club Dang for continuous contribution in the field of peace, human rights and democracy.
- Letter of Appreciation given by Devi Prasad Dhital Foundation for contribution in the field of human rights.
Membership in other Organizations
- HURPES – Secretary Center Committee
- Nepal Press Union Dang Branch – President
- Social Solidarity Development – General Secretary
- Community Radio Tulsipur – Editor
- Sagarmatha Television – Dang Reporter
- Regional Dialogue Secretariat Officer – Interlocutor
- MIREST Nepal – District Coordinator