- Homa Kanta Chaulagai was born on 5 October 1969 at Bhotechaur, sindhupalchowk district, Nepal. He was born to Badri Prasad Chaulagai and PavitraDevi Chaulagai. He is married and has three daughters and one son.
2 Education: M.A. [Political science], Bachelors’ in Law, and doing Masters in commerce and trade law.
- By profession he is a Lawyer since last 18 years.
- Involvement in Human Rights Movement:
A] Currently adviser of Human Rights and Peace Society [HURPES], Central Executive Committee [CEC] – [Elected in 2010-].
Served as Chair of CEC of HURPES for two terms [2010-2012] & [2012-2014], vice Chair of HURPES CEC[2008-2010],General Secretary of HURPES CEC [2004-2008],Secretary of HURPES CEC [ 2002-2004],Legal coordinator of HURPES [1998-2002],Vice Chair of HURPES, Kathmandu District Committee [2000-2002],Secretary of HURPES Kathmandu District Committee [1998-2000].
He was member of the national election observation team of HURPES  and also involved in several research mission conducted by HURPES .He imparted training to Human Rights Defenders, Police Officers on human rights subject.
- Former Trade Union Coordinator of Amnesty International Nepal , Advisor and Former secretary of AI Nepal Group-35 Jorpati.
- Involvement in Democratic Movement of Nepal: actively involved in historic 1990 and 2006 democratic movement of Nepal. He has been arrested several times while working for human rights, peace and democracy.
- Involvement in Educational, social and cooperatives Sector:
- Chair –proposed Sindhu Valley Campus, Sindhupalchowk.
B .Chair- Saraswati Higher Secondary School, Sindhupalchowk
- Secretary- Sindhu Milan Kendra [1989-1996]
- Advisor- Pataal chhetra bikas samiti, Sindhupalchowk
- Founder Secretary: Abhinav Sahitya Samaj
F.Advisor: Shuv Sahayog/Mata vindyavasini Saving & Credit Cooperative limited.
G.secretary: Chamunda Multipurpose Cooperative Limited [1999-2007]
- Chair: Sindhu Bhotechaur Saving & Credit Cooperative limited.
- Founding member; Child Welfare Scheme- Nepal 
- Charter Member of Rotary Club of Darbarmarga
- Member -Lions Club of Kathmandu-Jorpati.
- served as legal advisor in different hydro electric power company limited.
- Foreign Visit: Japan, China, India, UAE.
- Several articles published in Nepali newspapers/magazine. He is also publisher of the book ‘EK KAL KHANDA KO ABHILEKH.
- Address: P.O. Box 12790, Kathmandu Nepal.
Phone No.: 977014912609
Mobile No.: 9851056576